top of page

ARI Blog: Article

Restoration Insurance: What is Inland Marine Insurance?

Standard property coverage is typically designed to protect the assets at your business address. But if you have equipment or materials that frequently move to different locations, you may need inland marine coverage. For a restoration contractor this type of policy can include your restoration equipment or equipment such as a backhoe or bulldozer.

Coverage for Your Business

Inland Marine coverages are designed to help fit the needs of your restoration business, and coverage options can include:

  • Bailee’s customer: Protects your clients’ property when left in your care

  • Builder’s risk: Protects structures and materials during new construction projects or renovations

  • Commercial computer: Provides protection for servers and computers, including laptops

  • Contractor’s equipment: Safeguards machinery and tools at job sites, your storage yard, and points in between

  • Installation floater: Can cover the materials of your trade from the moment they are loaded onto the truck until they are accepted, put to use, or installed

  • Motor truck cargo: Keeps your clients’ goods protected while you deliver them

  • Transit: Provides protection for your goods while they are in transit to another location

Inland marine insurance is available standalone or can be packaged with other coverages, so you can select the option that best meets your business’s needs.

If you would like to find out more about how inland marine coverage can help your company, please contact us to find out more.

ARI Brokers Website HeaderBackground copy.jpg
ARI Brokers Website HeaderBackground copy.png
bottom of page